May 6, 2009

4 months old and learning new tricks!

Jude just had his 4 month check up. He is growing well! He is now 13lbs 11oz and 26 inches long. He also had a few shots. He didn't like these ones too much and screamed until we gave him a pacifier. Funny thing is that he really doesn't like his pacifier...so we were amazed when it calmed him down. Glad we had it with us!

Well Jude is now finally enjoying tummy time. We have to line up his toys and help him stay occupied, but it is a huge step forward!



He loves his cousins! Every time he sees them he smiles so big! I think he likes to have people his size around. Kaia and Jude like to hold hands...



He is finally using his hands a ton and grabbing everything in sight! He has a favorite toy that hangs from his carseat and has a ring that he pulls on and it makes a buzzing noise. The other day I was driving in the car and kept hearing that noise over and over again. He loves to let go of it, grab it, and pull. Over and over again. It's great that he can finally entertain himself! He can also hold onto his bottle.



Unfortunately he loves watching TV. But sometimes when he is fussy I can put on a Baby Einstien and he will be occupied while I jump in the shower. At least I feel like it is somewhat stimulating and doesn't fry his brain, right? When I came out I saw him doing this...





I've got a thumbsucker!

Daddy & Jude also have "the trick" mastered! He is growing up so fast. We are so grateful for how healthy and strong he is getting. We love him so much and cherish every moment!



6 comments:

Natalie said...

he is getting so big! very cute.

Diana Hulme said...

I can't believe how much older he looks! He's so cute. And I love the ones with Grandpa & Grandma

Heather said...

He is so adorable!! It makes me sad to seem him getting so big, cause I know Mitch will be rounding the corner sooner than later! Too too fast! Mitch has been enjoying his hand lately too, but he hasn't figured out the thumb yet, we shall see! And the "trick" scares me, my dad did it with all of us and I know he plans on doing with Mitch.. if Seth lets him! LOL!! Love all the cute pics!!!

janae said...

I *love* thumb suckers! They are so, so cute. Enoch is my first and I just can get enough of how cute he is when he does it. Just FYI, in case people tell you that it will ruin his teeth, it's not really true. Barry (Cara's hubby) is a pediatric dentist and he told me that it really doesn't make a huge difference until their permanent teeth start coming in (around 5 years) so you have time. (Apparently something like 1 in 1,000 kids will suck so hard that they change the form of their palate and it will affect their teeth, but he says it is so rare that it's not even worth worrying about.)

So I'm assuming you're still off dairy. I had to do until about 6 1/2 months with both Seara and Enoch. And I probably should have with Elijah. I stopped at 4 months with Lije because he didn't throw up any more, but he ended up being SUPER fussy from 4-7 months and I'm pretty sure it was the milk. Oops.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you. I should arrive in Utah the night of the 29th, so you should be back from vacation. Wohoo!

steph said...

I love Jude! He is looking very healthy and cutely round! i can't wait to see him again. We are thinking of coming down memorial weekend... but are you going to be gone then?

Shalee said...

Mandi! So cute. I love the trick:):) I was a thumb sucker:):)He is too cute!