December 8, 2008

counting down...

we have been having a great time during the holidays! thanksgiving was so great! we were able to spend time with my extended family at my uncle dave and aunt marg's. we had a fabulous meal! nick and i were trying to not eat too much because we were going to be eating again in a couple hours.. but we couldn't help ourselves! the food was too good! thanks for a wonderful meal guys! then we went and spent time with nick's family and had great food there too! nick's grandma was in town from hawaii and his parents and younger sister came in from california. it's always so nice to see them! they also made a fabulous meal! thanks! we also had family pictures taken while nick's family was in town. unfortunately i was 36 weeks pregnant...




* * *


ok so according to the baby ticker we have less than 2 weeks left to meet our little one. i hope it's right... the doctor said last week that i have a 4 1/2 out of 5 chance of being late! what pregnant woman wants to hear that? so i have been trying the curb walking and hoping that works but if any of you have any ideas how to make sure this baby doesn't come too late, let me know. i am willing to try almost anything (except for drinking that oil stuff...). let me know your secrets!

4 comments:

janae said...

I have a secret that is guaranteed 100% to give you a baby early (but still healthy). But it's too late for you now. I know that because I didn't do it with Enoch, and he was 3 days late. Here you go: exercise a lot during your entire pregnancy. I know, who does that?? Well, I did for the first two (born at weeks 38 & 37). But I got lazy on the last. And I sure learned my lesson. Just plan on being late. Then if you're early, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! I'm super excited!

Heather said...

You look fabulous in the pics! You are a perfect prego lady, so adorable!!!

I have the thing for you, this is a little gross but my friend (who has had 4 kids)swears by doing an Enema. She gives herself one the night before she would like to go into labor. She had her last baby 2 weeks early this way! She says it also keeps you from doing #2 during labor, yeah I know - GROSS! Who wants to do that anyway?!!!! Awww, the joys of childbirth! She says to remember the three H's when doing the enema: High, Hot and a Heck of a lot!! :) She says it really works to get baby to come early!

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

There is no secret to getting him out and anyone that tells you otherwise just got lucky. Tawny did everything except the oil thing and was still ten days late and that is only because she had to be induced so who knows how long it would have been until he came on his own. But anyways that is so exciting for you guys we look forward to seeing some pictures and ultimately seeing the little guy. So good luck!

M said...

You look beautiful, Bailey and I were just commenting and wondering as we just got the "Corotan Card" in the mail... is Mandi's ababy here yet? and we see 1 day to go... Hope all goes well and you will be in our prayers, we love you guys! The best is yet to come!
Michelle and the Harrison crew