July 24, 2008

first comes love, then comes marriage....

then comes.....


that's right! if you haven't heard already nick and i are expecting a little one to join our family on dec. 21! i am almost 19 weeks pregnant and we are about to find out if it's a boy or girl! i waited for a long time to post anything because we are surprising nick's brother dan and my sister becky who are both on missions and are getting home next week. i didn't want them to find out on the blog before we could tell them ourselves.
we told nick's family over memorial day weekend while we were camping. we put our niece malina in a onesie that we custom made. it said on the front "i can't wait to meet...." and on the back it said "the baby in auntie's belly on dec. 20". i held her facing frontwards until someone noticed and then i flipped her over and handed her to nick. everyone was so excited! (i will post a pic of the onesie soon). this will be the third grandchild for grandma and grandpa corotan in a little over a year!
we told my family by having my mom wrap up a box and gave it to the family to open. nick and i were on the phone but she didn't tell anyone who it was. so they had no idea what was going on! watch this video of them being surprised...




this will be the first grandchild on my side and officially make my parents old!

7 comments:

janae said...

Mandi, I am so excited for you!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Aubrey said...

CONGRATS!!! I heard from a little Hiatt bird that this was coming! I'm so excited for you both!

James and Danielle said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH I am soooo excited for you guys! Now you have to let me know everything about pregnancy and labor so I won’t be afraid to follow in your footsteps! You are going to be the best mom.

Steph said...

Congrats! That movie is great!

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Congratulations! That is way exciting there are going to be so many babies that will be lots of fun. We look forward to finding out what it will be!

Jeffrey, Meri, and Thomas said...

Congratulations...so exciting! Can't wait to see you Monday!
P.S. I hope it is a BOY!

Unknown said...

OMG CONGRATS!!!!! YOU ARE DUE ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous...